The Integrative Physiology of Aging Laboratory conducts research at the CU-Boulder campus. Find general information about participating in a study (and get started with an online screening form) here.
The lab is looking for volunteers for the following studies:
Western Diet Study
Help Us Discover How Diet Affects Your Health
To investigate the effects of eating a Western style diet on health and physiological function.
PARTICIPANTS WILL RECEIVE:
- Physical exam
- Complete blood panel — blood sugar and cholesterol
- Exercise stress test (>60 years only)
- Aerobic capacity (VO2 max)
- Blood pressure screening
- DEXA body composition scan (only if meeting all study requirements)
WE’RE LOOKING FOR:
- Men and women, aged 18-29 or 60-79
- Currently performing regular aerobic exercise OR do not exercise
- Willing to undergo 7 days high fat diet controlled feeding (all meals provided) and 7 days of low fat diet feeding, with a washout in between